Friday, February 1, 2008

Wow, it's February, and I'm way behind...

Being a writer has its own challenges. It's not like we punch a clock or anything, or have a boss who stands over us while we bang out words for you to consume.

No, a writer lives on his own time schedule. Beats his own drum, so to speak.

I have to admit, I have stepped off the cliff of activity into the oblivion of procrastination and unmotivation. And, if I were working for anyone but the Lord Jesus Christ, I might have been alright with that.

But no. I *am* doing this for Him, and I'm ashamed at the late night TV watching and overall slacking. When I have a "real" job, I am often heard saying, "Work as if you are working for the Lord." Well, now I'm working for the Lord, and I've been caught napping.

Oh, sure, I can come up with all kinds of reasons, legitimate and not. But, in the end, it's just excuse making at it's finest.

Well, no more. It's time to get back on track. Even though I will miss my (albeit self-imposed) deadline, I will continue to move forward to produce my new book, "What the Hell? Simple Answers to Life's Most Burning Questions" for Christians and non-Christians alike.

But it will not be available in mid-February like I promised. Probably mid-March.

Thankfully, my Boss is infinitely forgiving and I fall upon the throne of grace humbly accepting His forgiveness and encouragement to move forward.

Thank you for understanding, Jesus. I love you, my friend, Lord, and Savior.

JC Masters

No comments: